If you love chocolate, you’re going to adore these gluten-free chocolate muffins. Rich, moist and chocolately, these muffins are a chocolate-lover’s dream.
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients; milk, egg white, oil and extract.
- Mix thoroughly, then add boiling water. Stir completely.
- Let sit for 1 minute, then pour into prepared paper liners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23- 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. I found that the toothpick held a bit of gumminess due to using chickpea flour but left to cool, they firmed up perfectly to the consistency of a real, gluten-packed muffin.