Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour mix (if your mix contains xanthan gum or guar gum don't add the additional 1 teaspoon gum to the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 large carrots)
- 1 large peeled and shredded apple
- 8 ounces drained, crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 large eggs
Preparation:Preheat oven to 350° F / 176° C
Grease standard muffin pan or line with paper muffin cup liners.
In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, gluten-free flour blend, guar gum OR xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Use a large whisk to thoroughly combine.
In a separate large bowl combine shredded carrots, apples, crushed pineapple, raisins, coconut and nuts. Stir to thoroughly mix.
Add the fruit, vegetable, nut mixture to the dry ingredients followed by eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat the mixture to thoroughly combine ingredients.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yield: About 2 dozen standard size muffins
I found this on About.com